New York City is a popular tourists’ destination. There is always something to do any time of the year at any time of the day. Here are 5 mistakes to avoid especially if you are visiting NYC for the first time:
- Not asking for directions. NYC is a big city and you might walk a few blocks in the wrong direction. Keep your map in your backpack but also don’t be shy to ask the friendly New Yorkers about the best route to reach your destination.
- Blocking the sidewalk. New Yorkers are always in a hurry so you need to move out of the way if you need to get something out of your backpack.
- Dressing like a tourist. While this is a part of the fun, it is a clear sign for people who might want to scam you.
- Falling victim to scam. Some people will stop you and ask for money. They probably have more money than you.
- Skipping a cruise. This is the only way you can actually enjoy the beauty of the Island of Manhattan.
Avoid making these 5 mistakes. Your time in NYC will be hard to forget.